Bodies By Cindy
How to Eat Out and
- Keep the same general guidelines you would normally abide by, such as avoiding high fat, high calorie, high sugar meals.
- Try splitting an entree.
- Don’t order dessert.
- Skip the beer or wine and have water with lemon. If you gotta have a drink, try to find a lower calorie drink, like light beer and wine. Sometimes you can order cocktails with sugar free mixers.
- Instead of fries on the side, get the grilled vegetables.
- Don’t order pasta.
- Fish is always a great idea, just avoid the fried fish. Order it grilled. Blackened is good also, but watch the salt.
- Avoid bread. Take it off whatever you order. You can order a burger, but remove the bread.
- If you have to have a sandwich, order it with whole wheat bread.
- You can tell your waiter ahead of time to not bring any bread to the table. Avoid the temptation.
- Ask for drinks without sugar, ie tea
- Salads are great- but to make them more filling, add plenty of protein.
- Avoid high fat/high sugar salad dressings. Ask for the vinaigrette dressing. Also ask for dressing on the side, this way you can control how much you eat.
- If you order a full entrée for yourself, tell the waiter to go ahead and bring you a doggy bag when he/she brings you your food. Go ahead and put half or so into the doggie bag. Portion control!
- Always ask your waiter how everything is prepared.