Homemade Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup of Natural Jiff Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of Agave Nectar
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup of Old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/2 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup of dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Melt peanut butter, honey and coconut oil together in a small sauce pan over low/medium heat, stirring constantly. It only takes a minute or two to melt.
- In mixing bowl, combine all other ingredients except for chocolate chips, and stir well.
- pour liquid mixture over dry mixture and stir until well combined
- Let cool in bowl for several minutes
- Place mixture into foil lined 8x8 pan and press down firmly.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top and press down firmly with hands.
- Place in Fridge or Freezer to set
- Flip the foil out onto cutting board and cut into desired bar sizes.
12 grams of protein per bar
4 grams of carbohydrates
2 grams of sugar
Makes 12-14 bars