Cindy's Greek Yogurt Crumb Cake
This crumb cake will definitely be a crowd pleaser! I made this last night for a dinner party and my husband begged our guests to take some with them so he wouldn't be tempted to eat the whole pan :)
4 1/2 cups of flour ( I used almond flour for a gluten free dessert)
2 cups of baking stevia
1 cup of dark brown sugar ( I used stevia brown sugar mixture)
1 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1 tsp of allspice
4 cups of smart balance butter spread
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 cup of plain greek yogurt
Confection Sugar or baking Stevia for a light dusting
1. In a large bowl mix together 2 cups of flour, 1/4 cup of baking Stevia, the brown sugar, 1/2 tsp of sea salt, the cinnamon, and allspice. Mix well. Using a fork, mix in 2 cups of melted smart balance butter spread until crumbly and set aside.
2. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Spray with cooking oil a 11x15 glass cooking dish.
Using an electric mixer, cream the remaining 2 cups of melted smart balance butter spread at high speed. Gradually blend in the remaining 2 cups of baking Stevia. Beat until fluffy. Increase the mixer and blend in 1 egg at a time. Beat in the vanilla, 1/2 tsp of sea salt, and baking soda.
3. Lower the mixture speed to low; gradually beat in 1 1/4 cups of flour. Mix in 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt until blended together. Mix in remaining 1 1/4 cups of flour and 1/2 cup of greek yogurt.
4. Pour in to prepared glass baking dish. Spread evenly and then top with Crumble evenly over the batter. Bake until cake feels spongy and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Approx. 40 minutes
5. Let cool, dust with Confection sugar or Baking Stevia. Cut into squares and ENJOY!