Benefits of Dark Chocolate
1. Dark Chocolate is Very Nutritious
If you buy quality dark chocolate with a high cocoa content, then it is actually quite nutritious.
It contains a decent amount of soluble fiber and is loaded with minerals.
A 100 gram bar of dark chocolate with 70-85% cocoa contains (1):
- 11 grams of fiber.
- 67% of the RDA for Iron.
- 58% of the RDA for Magnesium.
- 89% of the RDA for Copper.
- 98% of the RDA for Manganese.
- It also has plenty of potassium, phosphorus, zinc and selenium.
2. Dark Chocolate is a Powerful Source of Antioxidants
3. Dark Chocolate May Improve Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure
4. Dark Chocolate Raises HDL and Protects LDL Against Oxidation
5. Dark Chocolate May Lower The Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
6. Dark Chocolate May Protect Your Skin Against The Sun
7. Dark Chocolate May Improve Brain Function