8 Tips for Youthful Glowing Skin
Skin aging is the result of many external factors. However, there are ways to prevent the degenerative process. Here are some factors that speed up the skin aging process and here is some helpful tips to combat skin aging.
- Stress-Stress is a known cause of aging. Stress causes pressure and tension on your body also causing cells regeneration to slow or stop. Stress can leave your face tense causing wrinkles. In situations of high stress the body can produce more of the hormone cortisol which can damage collagen and elastin and decrease the skin's ability to repair itself. In order to prevent stress from increasing the aging process exercise regularly and find an outlet of relaxation such as yoga, painting, and crafting. Whatever your stress reliever, apply that hobby to your daily or weekly routine to reduce stress.
- Sweets-Too many sweets are unhealthy for your body and can cause the breakdown of the fibers that support your skin. In order to prevent sweets from aging your skin curb your consumption of candy, cookies, doughnuts, or other simple carbohydrates such as white bread and rice. If you must indulge your sweet tooth having a small piece of dark chocolate is best for your body. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants which can protect you from free radicals.
- Frequent Flying-Frequent flying is known to cause health risks and dry skin. This is due to being closer to the sun and intense high altitudes. Therefore, if you must fly lather your skin in a sunscreen moisturizer or your favorite sunscreen. This will protect your face from solar rays and help your skin retain it's natural moisture.
- Sleep-Lack of sleep puts your body into stress mode which causes your body to release stress hormones. In order to prevent skin aging due to lack of sleep allow yourself to get a full REM cycle while you sleep. Anywhere between 6-7 hours of sleep is sufficient.
- Depression-Depression can be caused by many life related issues such as work, relationships, financial burdens etc. However, people cannot always change their situations rapidly. Therefore the number one way to have more confidence is through exercise. Exercise releases endorphins in the brain preventing negative mood signals to be transmitted. Talking to a medical professional is also helpful in more severe situations.
- Over Exercising- Regular exercise is healthy and reduced stress. But over exercising has been found to be unhealthy and can wreak havoc on your body. Over exercising can cause joint damage and loss of skin support structure. Therefore, a balanced exercise routine and skin protection can keep the body young and healthy.
- Weight Change- Weight fluctuation can take its toll on the skin's elasticity. Aim to keep a healthy normal body mass index ranging from 18.5 to 24.9. Your local gym or personal trainer can help with an assessment of your BMI to insure your within a healthy range.
- Moisture Loss-As we get older our bodies begin to produce less estrogen causing less oil and collagen production in the skin. The best ways to prevent this natural collagen loss is by using heavy moisturizer or consulting a doctor regarding hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
Thank you Natalia for coming on the Fat to Fit Radio Show and sharing information about your business as well as tips for beautiful skin!